- Complete Exercise 1&2 pg.100 in Grammar
- Ready Book homework is due tomorrow
- Complete pages 77-84 in Ready Book
- Read pgs. 88-99 in The Night Diary, answer journal prompt on Google Classroom
February 10, 2020
- Complete essay that was given to you in class
- Complete the Write What You Think, on p.68 in your notebooks
- Ready Books p. 66-68 Due Friday
- Ready Book p.30-34 Due Friday
- Test on 1/21 The Night Diary
- Complete journal entry from class today
- Test 1/21
- Complete Journal Entry #2 in Google Classroom that we started in class. Make sure that you follow the directions in the instructions.
- Read pg.14-31 in The Night Diary and answer the journal prompt on Google Classroom
- Arguementative Essay’s are due tomorrow !
- Characterization Slides due Tomorrow
- Write a short essay ( 3 paragraphs) that depicts your own identity as you see it in today’s world. Due Wed.
December 10, 2019
- Vocabulary Test Thursday , words are on Google Classroom
- Finish your conclusion to your essays and type them on Google Docs
- Complete the three body paragraphs for your essay
- Everyone must have The Night Diary by Veera Hiranandani , by 12/10
- Vocabulary Test 12/12
December 2, 2019
- Finish your book recommendation bulbs and have them ready to hand in tomorrow.
- Vocabulary Test on 12/12
- Complete Unit 4 by next Wednesday
- Words in Action # 2 submit the assignment on Google Classroom
- Come up with three topics you would like to write about for your argumentative essay.
- Finish up your writable work from today’s class, you need to review others writing as well!
- Complete the writable assignment that was assigned to you on Friday, we will go over your writing tomorrow in class. Also make sure that you have completed the peer review.
- Make sure that you have completed and turned in all of the work that I assigned while I been out, we will go over everything tomorrow when I return.
- Complete the following questions in your Writers Notebook section of your ELA notebooks. These questions will show up on your upcoming exam, so remember to add text evidence.
- How old is Elie at the time of the evacuation when the prisoners traveled for ten days and nights? (p. 96) 16
- How did Elie again help his father when they were on the train?He woke him from a nap; they were about to throw him off the train because they thought he was dead
- Describe the scene Elie witnessed between the father and son. The son beat the father to get his bread and the father died. The son was killed by the other passengers so they could have the bread.
- How many got out of the wagon? Where had they arrived? Only 12; Buchenwald
- What is the familiar fear Elie feels when they arrive at Buchenwald? (p. 99) not to be separated from his father
- Finish Exercise 1&2 in your Grammar workbooks on p.40
- Make sure you have completed the novel.
- Answer the reading response questions in your journals, questions can be found in Google Classroom.
- Finish the conflict chart and conflict worksheet from today’s class. Make sure that you press turn in on the top of the page. Due THURSDAY
- Finish reading the entire book by Friday
- Finish worksheet that was given in class : due 10/25
- All Autobiographies must be in on Wed 10/23 any late reports will have a grade deduction of 5 points for everyday it is late.
- Have pg.85-97 read by Thursday
- Autobiography due on Wed 10/23
- Grammar Workbook p.34-35 Exercise 1-3
- Read pg.85-97
- Vocabulary Quiz on Unit 1&2: November 5,2019
- Novel Test #2: November 7,2019
- Make sure you have Chapter 1& 2 read
- Reader Response Questions in journal
- Describe Moshe, the Beadle.
- Why did Eliezer pray, and why did he cry when he prayed?
- Upon his return, what story did Moshe tell?
- Explain, “our eyes were open, but too late.” Where was the train at this point?
- What did some of the passengers do to quite Madame Schacter?
- Where did the train finally stop?
September 26, 2019
- Make sure you are all caught up with your reading, everyone should be up to p.46 in the book
- Reader Response Questions in journal
1. Explain what Elie meant when he said, “Never shall I forget these flames which consumed my faith forever.”
2. What was Elie’s first impression of Auschwitz after leaving Birkenau?
3. What sort of identification was used on the prisoners?
4. What were the prisoner’s rations at each meal?
September 30, 2019
- Vocabulary Workbook p.21
October 1, 2019
- Write a first draft of your autobiography DUE DATE : OCTOBER 7,2019
- Finish your Life Maps for your autobiographies, make sure they are colored!
October 9, 2019
- Words In Action #2 : Google Classroom
October 10, 2019
- Finish your slideshows from class and be ready to present them